Tuesday, December 13, 2011


Pomegranate Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing


If you are like me,  I love pomegranates, but I hate the mess that comes along with them.  Well...I found a clean way to cut a pomegranate that even lets the kids get involved.  Once I was able to get all the seeds out of the pomegranate neatly, I made a yummy vinaigrette dressing.  

First watch this video. I found it extremely helpful.



Pomegranate
garlic or garlic powder
pepper
balsamic vinegar (dark or light)


I put a paper towel on my cutting board to help absorb the juice.  It can stain! 


Have your little ones help by placing the pomegranate in a bowl full of water and removing the seeds.
This is how to avoid a mess.  


Now you are left with just the seeds.


Add all the ingredients together.
Mix in a blender.
Strain to remove any seed bits.
Enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment