Friday, December 2, 2011

Quick Lentil Soup


I love lentil soup.  It is so filling and satisfying.  I wanted to make it this week, but I didn't have any onions or celery (which are traditionally used).  That didn't stop me though.  I used garlic, a yellow pepper, green beans and carrots instead.  The soup was still just as yummy.  
It warmed us all up as the weather is getting colder.  

 1 lb lentils
1 can stewed tomatoes
2 boxes broth
chopped veggies  
(use whatever you have or prefer)
thyme
salt and pepper

 Chopped veggies 
(2 minced garlic cloves, a yellow pepper, handful of green beans, handful of carrots)
Saute in 2 t olive oil until tender.

Add a can of stewed tomatoes.
Sauteed until the tomato juice is cooked down. 


Add lentil and mix together.

Add broth, thyme, salt and pepper
Bring to a boil
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils are soft.










No comments:

Post a Comment