Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chili - Healthy Makeover



Saturdays are filled with college football in our house,  so I instantly thought chili would be a great meal for today.  Cookinglight.com offers a chili recipe that they say , "... cuts 70 percent of the calories, 70 percent of the total fat, and 83 percent of the unhealthy saturated fat from traditional chili recipes."
Of course I had to try it.  It was so satisfying! 




We had a crazy day today, so I started preparing the recipe in my crock pot.  I used ground turkey and 2 left over cooked chicken breasts, instead of ground turkey and ground top sirloin.   I threw them together in the crock pot with a can of no-salt added tomato sauce and continued on with my day.  When I got home the chicken and ground turkey were cooked and shredded.  Perfect!  I followed the directions from the video, but I also added one green pepper diced when I sauteed the onions.  After  finishing the recipe,  I separated the chili into two pots, one for the boys and one for my husband and I.  I added cayenne pepper to my pot just to spice it up a little.  Top it with some cheese and enjoy!    

No comments:

Post a Comment