Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oven Baked BBQ Ribs 




We love ribs in our family, but the weather is getting colder and it is getting harder to grill.  Thanks to a great recipe from Rocco DiSpirito and The Dr. Oz Show we can have ribs all year round.  


The recipe calls for Liquid Smoke.  I googled alternative for this, since I couldn't find it anywhere, and found out that smoke paprika or chipolte powder are good substitutes.  The recipe called for smoked paprika anyway, so I added 2 extra teaspoons.  If you want to kick up the flavor add chipolte poweder or cayenne pepper. 


First salt and pepper the ribs.


Mix smoked paprika, red wine vinegar and ketsup together in a bowl.


Coat the ribs with the sauce.


Cut up onions and garlic.  Place it over the ribs. 


Tightly secure foil, place on a cooking sheet.  
Bake at 425°F for 1/2 hour and then lower to 275°F for another hour, until meat is tender. 


I brushed the onion and garlic to the side and broiled the ribs for 10 minutes to make them crispy.  
They were so juicy.  
I wish I made 2 racks! 







No comments:

Post a Comment