Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Minestrone Soup - My Best Soup Yet!


If you are in the mood for soup, this is a must try! The recipe is from The Naked Chef, a cookbook by Jamie Oliver.  The recipe was shared on Shape.com where Kelly Ripa raved about it.  She talked about how she substitutes chick peas for pasta.  I love that idea!  I took it a step further and added 1/2 kidney beans and 1/2 chick peas.  It was so good!  Jamie's addition of cabbage to the soup was fantastic.  I would have never thought to add cabbage.  This soup got all thumbs up in my house tonight.  :)


Look at all the yummy vegetables you add to the soup...
 carrots, leeks, celery, onions, cabbage and garlic.
I wish I added kale.  Darn, I had some in the fridge too.  Next time! 


Drain and rinse all canned beans to help lower the sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment