Thursday, November 3, 2011

World's Greatest Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

It was a rainy, cold day today so I was looking for something warm and comforting to make for dinner.  Thursday night is also hockey night which means I need a meal that is quick and easy to reheat. Oprah.com had a recipe named World's Greatest Chicken Pot Pie Recipe.  I was sold at the title and it didn't disappoint.  I made a few additions and substitutions.  First, I used olive oil instead of butter.  To lighten it a bit I used 2 cups of skim milk and 1 cup of Greek yogurt to replace the whole milk and heavy cream.  I combined peas and edamame to make 1 1/2 cups.  Lastly, I used phyllo dough instead of puff pastry for the crust.  It is lighter, but still crispy.  This meal warmed all of us up before and after hockey.  


No comments:

Post a Comment