Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Getting Healthy in 2012 - To Cleanse or Not Cleanse




It's a new year and that means resolutions.
People around me are talking about cleansing.
I know many who have done juicing or liquid cleanses.
I am curious, but I don't think I have the will power to give up food for even one day,
nor do I have the desire to loss weight.
I have been trying to find the right cleanse for me,
since I do fill my body with the occasional toxins...
martinis and tons and tons of potato chips for example!
 In my search I have read about a lot of different cleanses.
After days of reading, I found a program that might be for me.
It came from an article in Women's Health Magazine.  
What I like about it is that you eat healthy food at every meal.
It seems like a diet though...it maybe a little too healthy.
But like everything, you can take what you need from it and create your own plan.
 What I like is that there is no skipping meals or just drinking juice.
It provides a model of eating fruits, veggies and protein with every meal.
There aren't a lot of carbs in this plan and I love pasta and rice,
so I will find a way to fit it in.
I am going to focus on breakfast first.
So look for some breakfast recipes in the next couple days.
Read it and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment