Sunday, January 1, 2012

Taco Bar



Happy New Year!  
Earlier this month I went to a fabulous Mexican restaurant downtown called Mercadito.  
They have a huge variety of tacos on their menu.  
We ordered a tasting of all of them. 
 It was unbelievable.  
My favorite was the Mahi-Mahi Tacos...so yummy!  

So when it came to entertaining on New Year's Eve for 10 people
 I thought a taco bar would be a fun, festive dinner idea.  
It was great!  
I was able to prepare everything before hand, 
so I could just relax and enjoy my company.  









I made 3 meat choices....traditional ground beef, chipolte chicken and BBQ pulled pork.  
I also made a homemade Cilantro-Jalapeno Mayo which was to die for! 

Chipolte Chicken Marinade



 Olive Oil, Cumin, 
Chipolte Peppers ( I used only 3...the more you add the spicier the marinade), 
Garlic and Honey.


Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender.


Pour over chicken and marinade for at least 2 hours.
_____________________________

Homemade BBQ Sauce

I cooked Country Ribs in a crock pot using this sauce to make the pulled pork.









Leftovers from the taco bar...I forgot to take pictures before dinner.  :)


Some Taco Bar Ideas...
Corn, Black Beans, Mexican Rice, Cheese, Chilies, Fresh Mango, Fresh Cilantro, Cabbage Slaw


____________________________

Cilantro-Jalapeno Mayo

1 3/4 cup mayo
2 T white distilled vinegar
1 fresh steamed jalapeno chili pepper
1 peeled garlic clove
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 t pepper
salt to taste

Blend all ingredients together

______________________


Have fun creating your own in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment