Thursday, January 12, 2012

Warm Winter Salad


If you love salads like me then you must try this tasty, warm and filling salad.  We have salad every Tuesday for dinner, so I am always looking for new recipes to keep my family interested and satisfied.  Warm fruit in a salad on colder days is so wonderful.  
This salad is filled with flavor and it will make you want a second helping for sure!



Pears, fennel, radicchio, carrots, shallot, walnuts, figs
( I added figs...the recipe didn't call for them, but they were fantastic!)


First I cooked the chicken breasts.
Then I sauteed the pears.
Seat aside chicken and pears to add later. 


Whisk shallots, vinegar and mustard together.
( The recipe called for sherry vinegar, but I used red wine vinegar.)


Then cook dressing in a pan for about 30 seconds 
before adding the cooked chicken, radicchio, fennel, carrot, walnuts and figs.
Cook all ingredients together for about 3 minutes.
Add pears to pan to combine with the rest of the ingredients.

 Season with salt and pepper and serve.


I served mine on top of spinach. 
(The recipe used butter lettuce.)


Doesn't that look delicious?  
So much flavor!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment