Monday, January 9, 2012

Protein Shake


Protein shakes are a fast easy way to start your day off right.  
I have 4 things that I always add to my shakes:
Chia, Goji, Flax Seed and Whey Protein.
They each add rich antioxidants and vitamins which help boost your immune system. 
I love using frozen fruit and fresh greens as well.  
Check out my recipe below, but have fun and create your own for your taste buds.








 Kale and Spinach                           Mint and Parsley

 
Frozen Berries

 Bananas 


My Protein Shake Recipe


In a blender... 
Add 1 to 2 T of all four powders.
Chia, Goji, Flax Seed, Whey Protein


Next add your greens.
I added spinach, kale, parsley and mint.
Parsley and mint have strong flavor, so use sparingly.


Add your fruit last.
I used just frozen blueberries and a banana this time.  
I make it different every time.


I added almond milk and water.  
My boys like to add juice to their shakes.  

Experiment with different flavors and have fun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment