Friday, January 20, 2012


Rocco DiSpirito improves on a classic: chicken-noodle soup




I make soup once a week.  This week I made this delicious chicken noodle soup recipe from celebrity chef Rocco DiSporito.  It was sooooo good!  My kids kept coming back for more.  That never happens! 
Rocco made his soup with shirataki noodles.  Which are gluten free and have zero net carbohydrates.  

I used lemon pepper pappardelle pasta.  Which essentially is large fettuccine pasta.  I think the noodles made the dish.   The lemon flavor with the chicken was so wonderful.  



I broke the pasta into 2 to 3 inch pieces before I cooked it.  


Rocco added celery too... I only had carrots and onions.  The soup was still great.  



The recipe called for chicken thighs, but I used chicken breast instead. 
Shredding the chicken added to the soups yumminess! 



Lastly, he seasoned his soup with Old Bay Seasoning.  I didn't have that, so I just used salt and pepper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment