Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Italian Sausage and Peppers with an Antipasto Salad


My family loves sausage and peppers.  
I usually just grill the sausage, peppers and onions together and serve.  
Yesterday I turned to one of my favorite TV Chefs,  Giada DeLaurentiis, for 2 delicious recipes. 
Her sausage and peppers were served in a wonderful tomato sauce.  
We had them 2 ways - in a bowl and on rolls.  Yum! 
I also made her Antipasto Salad.  I can't wait to have it again for lunch today. 



_________________________________

 Sausage, Peppers and Onions
Link to Recipe
(Out of 425 reviews on foodnetwork.com, this recipe was rated 5 star every time!)

So easy...
First cook the sausage and set aside and cut up.


Then chop the onions and peppers and saute.

Add the tomatoes to the peppers and onions.

Lastly, combine the cut sausage and the spices
...garlic, oregano and fresh basil... 
to the pepper, onions and sauce.

______________________________

Antipasto Salad
(Another 5 star recipe)



I didn't have kidney beans, but they would have been a great addition.


I used fennel instead of iceberg lettuce. I love the taste that fennel brings to this salad.

______________________________



 The Red Wine Viniagrette was so easy to make.



























No comments:

Post a Comment