Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Apple and Cheddar Whole Wheat Quesadillas


Apples, apples and more apples.  What to do with all my apples?  Whole Foods Market had a great idea...Apple and Cheddar Quesadillas.  I took their recipe and changed it a little.  I used sliced apples, smoked apple wood cheddar cheese, spinach and shallots.  First I sauteed the shallots, apples and spinach.  I sauteed them in that order.  Next, I placed the filling on a whole wheat tortilla and sprinkled it with cheese. I heated it over a medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side.  
These quesadillas were a perfect combination with my tomato soup for my midweek soup tradition.  




Tomato Roasted Garlic Soup




The boys picked our last tomato today.  It was a late bloomer.  In honor of our final tomato of the season, I made a hearty tomato soup.  Oprah was my inspiration.  She shared this soup in her O magazine years ago.  The boys had so much fun dipping their quesadillas in this delicious soup. 






No comments:

Post a Comment