Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pork Chops and Apple Sauce

Yum, Yum, Yum! Pork Chops are a great Sunday dinner in the Fall.  The boneless pork chops I made have an easy rub that was inspired by a visit to Whole Foods Market.  I seared them on a grill pan and then cooked them in the oven for 30 minutes.  I still have some  homemade applesauce, so I opened it up and added it to this delicious meal.  A side of mashed sweet potatoes and green beans finish off the dish.  Sweet potatoes are so easy to cook.  I just wrapped them in foil, put them in the oven and took them out in about 40 minutes.  The green beans are just as easy.  I boiled them for 5 minutes, drained them and immediately ran cold water over them.  While they were cooking I sauteed 2 cloves of garlic and 1 scallion in a tablespoon of olive oil.  I threw in the green beans and sauteed with the garlic and scallions for 3 minutes.  They were crisp and perfect.  

Pork Chop Rub
Paprika
Cumin
Oregano
Cayenne Pepper (I didn't add to the chops for the boys)
Salt and Pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment