Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's Wednesday and time for a midweek soup and bread.  

Cherry Almond Bread

My older son requested cherry bread.  I found a recipe that I doctored up to fit my healthy lifestyle.  Here are the quick and easy changes that can be applied to most recipes:  substitute 1/2 cup butter for 1/2 organic apple sauce, 2 eggs for 2T flax seed meal combined with 2T water, and all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.  


Hearty Turkey Noodle Soup

I am getting my moneys worth with the Turkey Breast I cooked on Sunday.  Sunday we had Turkey Sandwiches after a day at the Bears Game.  Monday we had Turkey Divan ( Turkey and Broccoli in a light broth served over Quinoa Tabbouleh and sprinkled with fresh Parmesan cheese). Tuesday we added turkey to our salad bar. Today I used the last of it and made a broth for my soup.
Wow, 4 meals and the turkey breast was under $20!

I used leftovers from our salad bar dinner last night...carrots, snap peas, white beans and of course the turkey. I also did half spinach, half kale and added 2T of freshly squeezed lemon juice and some lemon zest.   My younger son picked out the wagon wheel pasta.  I probably would have picked a whole wheat bow tie, but how can you say no to wagon wheels?  


Link to Whole Foods Hearty Turkey Noodle Soup recipe

Leftover Salad



If you are still hungry there is still leftover salad from last night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment