Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes

I hated brussels sprouts as a kid.  It wasn't until recently that I enjoyed their strong taste.  I want to keep exposing my kids to all kinds of foods, so like it or not we're having brussels sprouts tonight.  A recipe in Whole Living magazine caught my eye and I just had to try it.  The grapes really helped sweeten the taste of the brussels sprouts.  I also added some left over chickpeas.  Just as I suspected though, the boys did not like the taste at all.  Seems like they are just like their mom.  

Recipe found in the November 2011 issue of Whole Living Magazine, still on newsstands. 
24 oz brussels sprouts (about 8 cups)
24 oz grapes (about 4 cups)
2 T extra virgin olive oil
4 T thyme
Salt and Pepper
2 t balsamic vinegar
1/2 chopped walnuts ( I used pistachios)

Heat oven to 450 degrees. On baking sheet toss brussels sprouts and grapes with oil and thyme.  Season with salt and pepper. Roast, until caramelized and tender, about 20 minutes.  Take out of oven and drizzle with 1 t vinegar.  Toss in walnuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment