Thursday, October 13, 2011

Warm Lentil Salad with Sausage and Apples


I am still trying to get rid of my apples.  Since we are on the run tonight this is a great meal to make ahead of time.  The apples and the fennel give the salad a great crunch.  I found a chicken, vegetable sausage.  Yum! I squeeze it out of the casing, but would suggest just breaking it up while cooking it.  
My way lost some of its texture.  The recipe was from one of my favorite sites Eating Well.  I also cooked some sausage links whole because the boys love to have them with mustard.  

Do your kids eat lentils?  They are packed with protein and have such a mild taste.   As my son says, "It doesn't taste like anything."  Are you talking about food groups at your dinner table?  Both of the boys have learned about the food pyramid at school, so it is easy for us to discuss if each meal has all the food groups.  Get the conversation started around your table and help your kids make healthy food choices.    

No comments:

Post a Comment