Friday, October 28, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread


Happy Friday!  The boys asked me to make them pepperoni bread, so I search for a good recipe and I came across this neat idea to make monkey bread.  The recipe came from the blog Healthy and Sane.
It was such a hit in my house that I am going to make it again and fill the bread with veggies next time.
  

I made the pizza dough from an easy recipe I found on Sunny-Side Up Recipes.  I used whole wheat flour.  My husband prefers all purpose flour when I bake, so next time I would compromise and use 1/2 all purpose and 1/2 whole wheat.  :)  I would double the recipe next time too,  so I would have more dough balls to put in my bunt pan.  

DOUGH RECIPE
Ingredients (1 large crust):
-2 cups bread flour
-1 packet of yeast
-3/4 cup hot water
-1/2 cup milk
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp sugar

1.  Whisk water, milk, and yeast until bubbly.
2.  Add salt and sugar.
3.  Add bread flour little by little.
4.  Knead for 25 minutes on a clean surface.  Use as little extra flour as possible.  It will be hard to work with at first, but then it will develop a nice bounce to it as you work the glutens.
5.  Plop into a greased bowl covered with damp cloth for about 1 hours.


Chop up your filling.


Roll out dough and cut out small circles.


Be creative with your filling.  


Pinch dough closed.


I brushed each one with olive oil and basil.


Break out your bunt pan!  Pile them on top of each other.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 35 minutes. 








No comments:

Post a Comment